The Church Pension Group’s (CPG) business plan includes a Strategy & Project Management Office (PMO) to translate and bridge our corporate strategy and vision into the management of products & services. The Project Manager (PM) is primarily responsible for managing enterprise-wide projects, and the deliverables within, to support the Executive and Project Sponsors. The PM will use effective leadership, project management methodology, and industry experience and knowledge, to effectively lead and support CPG’s strategic goals.
The PM is expected to partner with the VP Strategy & PMO to support CPG’s strategy and delivery of products and services and directly support the Project Sponsors. The PM is expected to role model leadership, organizational health, and project management disciplines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage a range of initiatives that span multiple business lines, including ITS. End-to-end responsibility for managing the execution and success of all assigned projects
- Provide leadership for project teams by motivating team members to make smart and timely decisions, adhere to their responsibilities, and meet goals and milestones
- Partner with Project and Executive Sponsor to determine scope, time, and cost of project with clear benefits and expected outcomes
- Interact with Project Sponsor on a day-to-day basis to ensure proper delivery and shared accountability for the success of the project
- Collaborate, report, and support the Program Manager for projects that ladder up to programs
- Develop and maintain the financial plan (budget) and the actual/forecast schedules. Identify costs that have been incurred and ensure the costs have been properly recorded. Analyze and support variances between the actual and forecasted budget and plan
- Provide day-to-day project management leadership and oversee the deliverables within:
- Develop detailed project plans and project requirements to determine specific activities and tasks to be performed, including creating project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives, and align them across groups
- Ensure or create standards project management documentation (e.g. Business Case, Financial Analysis, RACI, Communication and Deployment plan, Closure Document, etc.)
- Write project policy and strategy documents
- Ensure resources are identified, planned, and work is coordinated and assigned to team members and other project participants
- Coordinate and facilitate team meetings, including developing agendas, for:
brainstorming and visioning, gathering business requirement information, prioritizing,
identifying risks and issues, and providing status updates. Capture and communicate key takeaways and actions items
- Handle and traffic deliverables
- Assess project risks and issues and develop and communicate mitigation strategies in a timely manner. Escalate appropriately and timely
- Evaluate progress against the scheduled plan and adjust scope, time, or resources to meet planned deliverables and deadlines. Determine and communicate the impact of changes
- Provide status updates (written and in person) to all stakeholder groups outlining project risks, issues, discussion topics, vendor relations and resourcing status
- Provide reporting and communication to internal customers on project progress
- Review communications drafted by other parties where appropriate to ensure key messaging is incorporated and on target
- Perform timely lessons learned meetings and implement improvements to maintain overall effectiveness of the project
- Make proposals that improve processes, product quality, and standards, and facilitate implementation of appropriate standards and procedures (as required)
- Champion change and inform Change Management activities through the identification of all impacted stakeholders (groups and key individuals) and effectively manage and communicate the implementation of new ideas
- Provide a holistic and collaborative approach to manage CPG’s products and services, articulate a project’s strategy and objectives, and assess how it will impact/benefit the organization; monitor projects to ensure alignment to organizational strategic objectives
- Understand CPG’s corporate strategy, cost/benefit analysis, lead assessments, and contribute to the prioritization of work towards that strategy
- Be trusted advisors to Business and Corporate Units and consult/coordinate across multiple projects to understand the impact to the business and business processes (from inception to completion)
- Communicate with Strategy & PMO oversight effectively; develops and delivers clear, concise, and meaningful communications for this team
No direct supervision of full-time resources.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CAPM or PMP Certification or Bachelor’s degree or higher. Project Management, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in project management
- Waterfall and Agile methodology experience
- Practical experience creating and managing project schedules (MS Project a plus).
- Process improvement/performance management experience a plus
- Financial Services, Benefit Administration and Software implementation project management experience strongly desired
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following:
- A comprehensive understanding and demonstrated application of project management methodology, including the Agile Framework. This includes a solid understanding of project management techniques, tools, and process technology
- Ownership of ongoing development and remain current of project management best practices and industry trends
- Scope management, needs and gap analysis, and risk assessment and management
- Consistency in the execution and adherence to project management methodology and standards • Business case development
- Strategic, critical thinking, conceptual, and interpretive thinking, and analytical problem solving, with the ability to make sound decisions, proactively recommend solutions, explain rationales on actions and decisions, and prioritize
- Ability to think as a “generalist” and yet, understands the “big picture”
- Strong organization/time management skills
- Attention to detail and perseverance to completion
- Detailed process and financial analysis and modeling a plus
- Business process improvement and current state/future state process maps knowledge and experience a plus
- Organizational Change Management skills including change management analysis and planning, communication planning, and execution a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to consistently self-regulate, negotiate, and influence outside own span of control
- Individual and team leadership, including the ability to be a role model, work with varying levels and types of resources within the organization, and promote a culture of collaboration and excellence
- Flexibility and adaptability, ability to tolerate ambiguity and uncertainty, demonstrating growth mindset, active listening, and acknowledgement of diverse opinions
- Conflict resolution and ability to deal constructively with change
- Strong oral, written, communication, and facilitation skills, ability to present to executives • Impeccable relationship management with internal partners and clients
- A strong ability to influence others
Pat Rasile PRasile@cpg.org