This role will support the IT PMO providing IT project management as needed on IT projects throughout the entire shared services IT organization, with a focus on IT Infrastructure projects to support enhancement and build-out of PDI and Nice-Pak facilities. The project management role will support typical IT project management tasks including project plan build-out, maintenance, and tracking and project budget management. The project manager will facilitate project status reports and meetings, steering committee communications, project team collaboration and vendor management. The project manager will also support project communications management and executive reporting requirements.
We are looking for an IT project manager who has experience and knowledge of IT Infrastructure project management. This individual needs to be comfortable working with technical subject matter experts and external partners, mainly in infrastructure areas such as networking, security (physical and cybersecurity), server management, cloud computing and facility infrastructure to support the computing environment at a location. This person will drive project definition, project scoping and project execution. In this role, they will collaborate with internal stakeholders and business owners to understand business requirements and coordinate with the IT team on how best to meet those needs. The candidate needs to be detail oriented and understand how to facilitate an effective project plan and delivery. It is preferable that the candidate have experience supporting IT infrastructure in a manufacturing or distribution environment, with the ability to lead other types of projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Work with IT infrastructure team as a business analyst to refine requirements and define project scope
- Work with IT infrastructure team to develop Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) as needed for services or projects
- Work with external vendors to develop statements of work (SOW’s) and contracts for project delivery
- Oversee external vendors to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Manage project plan and other key artifacts to ensure successful project delivery – risk management, issue log, etc.
- Track and report on project delivery to key project stakeholders, escalate key project risks and issues
- Manage and facilitate project meetings, escalations, and key milestones
- Collaborate closely with project team members
- Ensure alignment of project to IT PMO standards and expectations
- Develop standardized processes for interacting with IT infrastructure teams and obtaining requests for IT resources
- Delivery of IT projects against business commitments
- Ability to manage project scope, timelines, and budget
- Success in exhibiting use of IT PMO standards and guidelines against projects
- Ability to resolve escalations related to project risks with project stakeholders
- IT project management skills – managing a project plan, etc.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and design
- Knowledge of Microsoft computing environment (both on-premise and cloud)
- Knowledge of manufacturing and distribution processes (a plus; not required)
- Understanding of FDA Validation processes and requirements as it relates to IT infrastructure, projects, and support (a plus, not required)
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field preferred
- 5 - 7 years of experience in an IT project management role
- 3 - 5 years of experience in roles connected to the day-to-day operations of IT Infrastructure (networking, security, server management, cloud management, facility management)
- Direct work experience in technical infrastructure and security program management capacity
- Experience in vendor management preferred
- supporting Windows 10 operating systems on desktops and laptops
- Experience supporting Windows Servers (multiple operating system versions and hardware), both on-premise and in the cloud
- Experience supporting network-based printers and copiers
- Experience configuring network switches, firewalls and Wi-Fi equipment and designing networks for manufacturing and distribution centers
- Experience with cyber-security programs
- Experience with implementing cloud-based infrastructure