This course, which will prepare you for the PMI-ACP certification exam, will be held over three Saturdays from 06 Mar 2021 through 20 Mar 2021, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Based on the “PMP-ACP Exam Prep” textbook by Mike Griffiths, this course is a comprehensive review of each of the seven Domains in the Griffiths textbook: Agile Principals and Mindset, Value-Driven Delivery, Stakeholder Engagement, Team Performance, Adaptive Planning, Problem Detection and Resolution, and Continuous Improvement. Presented also are supporting Agile Tools and Techniques (over 75 specific practices you should be able to do or use) and Agile Knowledge and Skills (over 35 broader skills areas you should know or understand). Instructor-led lecture includes the study of the twelve principles of the Agile Manifesto, Scrum, XP, Kanban and Lean.
Instructor-led lecture (live, not pre-recorded) will present the subject matter as documented in the PMI PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) and PMI APG (Agile Practice Guide) and as tested by PMI in the PMI-ACP Exam. The instructor will also facilitate in-class practice exams as well as guide students in the use of he PMaspire online exam simulator.
- Review seven Agile Domains as well as supporting Tools and Techniques, and preferred Knowledge and Skills.
- Conduct a 25 question baseline test during the first session and facilitate exam Q&A simulations (one per Domain) during the course.
- Review tactical solutions to situational questions as presented on the exam.
- Discuss proven study and test-taking techniques to maximize exam preparation time.
- Facilitate the students' completion of the Q&A practice tests (these practice tests taken outside class on student time).
- Coach the students on the use of the online exam simulator.
- Coach the students on the exam application process.
- Maximize first time pass rate for all participating students.
Students are expected to purchase and read (preview) the “PMI-ACP Exam Prep”, Mike Griffiths, before the first class.
Required Textbook (must be purchased by the student prior to the course):
“PMI-ACP Exam Prep”, Mike Griffiths, ISBN13: 978-1-932735-98-7, RMC Publications
“Agile Practice Guide”, ISBN: 978-1-62825-199-9 (publisher: Project Management Institute, 2017)
John Sherlock is an accomplished and credentialed Project Management Professional with over 40 years of experience in the energy, financial, telecom and automotive industries as well as in academia. John is currently an Adjunct Professor at Rockland Community College (SUNY); and until recently, an IT Program Manager with Volvo Cars of North America. John is a PMP, a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, a Certified Six Sigma Instructor, a PMI-ATP Certified Instructor and also credentialed in the areas of software development, IT governance, risk, and audit.
A Doctoral candidate in Computer Science at Pace University, Professor Sherlock’s academic credentials include:
- MBA in ITDM (Information and Technology Decision Management) from Iona College
- Certificate in eCommerce from Iona College
- MS in Telecommunications from Iona College
- Bachelor of Technology from New York Institute of Technology
- PMI-ATP Authorized Training Instructor, Certified 2020
- CDPSE (Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer), Certified 2020
- Qualtrics Certified (Silver Insight Professional), Certified 2017
- CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control), Certified 2010
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) – Microsoft Project, Certified 2009
- CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager), Certified 2009
- CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional), Certified 2008
- CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT), Certified 2008
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), Certified 2008
- PMP (Project Management Professional), Certified 2007
- Six Sigma Instructor, Certified 2007
- Black Belt Level in the Six Sigma Quality Assurance Methodology, Certified 2007
Through Friday, 19 Feb 2021: $600 for PMI Westchester and other PMI Chapter Members; $700 for non-members.
After Friday, 19 Feb 2021: $750 for PMI Westchester and other PMI Chapter Members; $850 for non-members.
Last date to register is Wednesday, 03 Mar 2021.
Payments must be made in advance by PayPal or by check (payable to PMI Westchester).
Credit card payments can be made through PayPal without the need for a PayPal account.
Virtual Zoom Meeting