The PMI Westchester Chapter is offering our Spring 2020 PMP Exam Preparation course, which will assist the PMP certification candidate in preparing for the PMP exam - the four-hour exam required for this valuable globally-recognized credential. The course will held on-line using the Zoom videoconferencing service.
Based on Version 6 of the PMI PMBOK (PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge), this course is a comprehensive review of each of the ten Knowledge Areas addressed in the PMBOK (as relative to the five Process Groups and as applicable to the 49 PMBOK Processes) assisting the student preparing to sit for the PMP exam. Instructor-led lecture will present the subject matter as documented in the PMBOK and as tested by PMI in the PMP Exam. The instructor will also facilitate in-class practice exams, as well as guide students in the use of an included on-line testing facility.
- Review PMBOK content as related to 10 Knowledge Areas, 5 Process Groups and the 49 individual Processes.
- Conduct a 25-question baseline test during the first session and give quizzes (one per Knowledge Area) during the course.
- Review practical solutions to problem-solving questions as presented on the exam.
- Review tactical solutions to situational questions as presented on the exam.
- Discuss proven study and test-taking techniques to maximize exam preparation time.
- Facilitate the students' completion of the Q&A practice tests (these practice tests taken outside class on student time).
- Coach the students on the use of the included on-line practice testing facility.
- Maximize first-time pass rate for all participating students.
Course Prerequisite: Read the PMI PMBOK Version 6 (Project Management Body of Knowledge) before the first class.
Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) Sixth Edition, ISBN13: 978-1628251845 (publisher: Project Management Institute, 2017)
Schedule and Major Units of Instruction:
|Class||Class Date||Knowledge Area (10) - Processes (49)|
|1||Sat 18 Apr 2020||
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Foundational Concepts
Module 3: Process Framework
Module 4: Integration Management
|2||Sat 25 Apr 2020||
Module 5: Scope Management
Module 6: Time Management
Module 7: Project Network Diagramming
|3||Sat 02 May 2020||
Module 8: Cost Management
Module 9: Earned Value
|4||Sat 09 May 2020||
Module 11: Human Resources Management
Module 12: Communications Management
Module 13: Risk Management
|5||Sat 16 May 2020||
Module 14: Procurement Management
Module 15: Stakeholder Management
Module 16: How to pass the PMP
John Sherlock is an accomplished and credentialed Project Management Professional with over 40 years of experience in the energy, financial, telecom and automotive industries as well as in academia. John is currently an Adjunct Professor at Rockland Community College (SUNY); and, until recently, an IT Program Manager with Volvo Cars of North America. John is a PMP, a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, a Certified Six Sigma Instructor, a PMP Prep Instructor for the Westchester Chapter of PMI and also credentialed in the areas of software development, IT governance, risk, and audit.
A Doctoral candidate in Computer Science at Pace University, John’s academic credentials include:
• MBA in ITDM (Information and Technology Decision Management) from Iona College
• Certificate in eCommerce from Iona College,
• MS in Telecommunications from Iona College,
• Bachelor of Technology from New York Institute of Technology.
• Qualtrics Certified (Silver Insight Professional), Certified 2017
• CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control), Certified 2010
• MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) – Microsoft Project, Certified 2009
• CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager), Certified 2009
• CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional), Certified 2008
• CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT), Certified 2008
• CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), Certified 2008
• PMP (Project Management Professional), Certified 2007
• Six Sigma Instructor, Certified 2007
• Black Belt Level in the Six Sigma Quality Assurance Methodology, Certified 2007
$995 for PMI Westchester and other PMI Chapter Members; $1100 for non-members.
Last date to register is Saturday, 11 Apr 2020.
Payments must be made in advance by PayPal or by check (payable to PMI Westchester).
Those who register after 03 Apr 2020 may not receive their class materials in the first session due to shipping delays.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the course will be held on-line. Details will be provided to registrants before the course begins.