6:15 | Announcements
6:30 | Annual Business Meeting
7:00 | Guest Speaker (1 PDU)
8:00 | Meeting concludes
This is our Chapter's annual Business Meeting, and is therefore free of charge to all Chapter members.
Pre-registration is required for this on-line meeting!
After the short Business Meeting, Andrew O'Rourke will present "Project Management Bridge Style".
“Bridge Style” will explain the who, what, when, where and why we built it, how we built it, and what you’ll see today and in the future; the people that made it happen and the stories of how they got there. The bridge project was one of the most robust environmental mitigations ever done on a project of this scale that will have lasting effects for generations to come on the ecosystem of the Hudson River. Andrew will spotlight the soon-to-be-opened Shared Use Path (SUP) and the many moving parts of how it happened. The SUP was a very complicated project and although it was part of the bridge project, it took on a life of its own. Andrew is a dynamic, engaging speaker and is sure to provide us with an enjoyable and information-packed presentation.
Andrew is the New NY Bridge Project Educational Outreach Coordinator.
More facts about Andrew:
- Worked at Union Carbide as a Research Chemical Engineer
- Award winning Airborne reporter, Fox/ABC
- Received highest civilian commendation for saving a drowning man in NYC East River while flying
- Hosted an award-winning TV show about transportation
- Built affordable housing throughout NY State
- Assistant Commissioner, DHCR: Division of Housing and Community Renewal
- Last 7 years working on the 4-Billion Dollar Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge for the New York State Thruway Authority